Thursday 7 June 2012

The jubilee was amazing! Have I felt prouder to be british?! No. proof, that come rain or shine we love a knee's up the british public came out in force for the jubilee celebrations.

Monday was the day of the jubilee concert, My mother and I had decided weeks ago that we would go up to london to soak the atmosphere, and I couldnt wait to jump on the train. minutes before we were leaving for the station my best friend text me and had managed to pursaude her boss to give her the day off, so she she could come too!!

we arrived in london around 12 o'clock lunch time and headed straight for the pub! It was Pimms o'clock! we had too! (I tell you, Pimms is a great hangover cure!) After Pimms we went to the National portrait gallery, where there was a exhibtion on all about our beautiful Queen. Surprise surprise I went mental in the gift shop and spent £10 on postcards :) I did mange though very proudly, to walk out of the gift shop without a silk print scarf of the Queen. It was £50 thats why!!! £20 and I would probably been able to convince myself to buy it. (Yes, I have since searched the web to see if I can find it cheaper - I cant) The rest of the afternoon was spent sipping wine in the Mall and ST James park waiting for the convert to start. The atmosphere was amazing, I'm so glad that we were there to witness this a part of history and to celebrate it with so many people.

In tribute style I wore my vintage SILVER jubilee scarf, and My 'I <3 ENGLAND' t-shirt. this is the day in pictures: 




































2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I was laughing so hard over the masked photos!! At first I thought they were photoshopped in! =D My favorite is the one of you with the scarf... hilarious! What a fun day!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahah, great photos. i saw a bit on tv, i specially liked the fly by part. i love them engines roar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...